Re: Books on Java Development using Oracle JDBC Connections

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:04:32 -0600

Sandra,

I think you have a good idea. However, I think that you may not want to limit yourself to Oracle or JDBC. You should understand things from the perspective of your Java developers. Are they using J2EE? Then learn the way Java communicates with the database and maybe even write a Java program yourself. Understand the strengths and limitations of how Java works with the database.

Dennis Williams