Random ORA-01013 during Oracle Apps patch

From: Stauffer, Robert G <rstauffer_at_decommunications.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:21:10 -0500

Hi all,

AIX 5.2, RDBMS 10.1.0.4 ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation

I'm upgrading Oracle Apps 11.5.6 to 11.5.10.2 using Oracle's humongous 11.5.10.2 maintenance pack patch 3480000 per their instructions. This is a long-running patch with 100,000+ jobs.

At random times during the application of the patch, a worker doing one of the jobs will hang with ORA-01013 in its log and become defunct at the OS level. I've been working with Oracle Support but both they and I are running out of ideas. They're sending it to Development at this point.

I've made sure we're using the correct OS requirements including network config. I've applied all of the appropriate pre-req DB patches. I've turned off dead connection detection with sqlnet.expire_time=0. All to no avail.

Any pointers on how to further trouble-shoot this problem? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Bob Stauffer
DBA
D&E Communications
Ephrata, PA, USA
717-738-8737
rstauffer_at_decommunications.com

**DISCLAIMER
This e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail message. The contents do not represent the opinion of D&E except to the extent that it relates to their official business.