Efficient way to detect lock contention/blocking sessions

From: jayaraj rengarajan <jayaraj.rengarajan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:47:43 -0500

I would like to implement proactive/notification (possibly to the pager and mail) process whenever we see session blockers holding locks. In the worst case scenario, lock contention contributes huge latch wait and application activities become almost hang status.

I would appreciate if anyone in this list implemented a script which runs efficiently as a schedule helping DB administration.

Thanks

Jay