Re: import

From: Daniel Fink <danielwfink_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 06:56:05 -0800 (PST)

Mathias,

Look into using external tables. You can reference the line as a string, then parse the line depending on the value of the first 2 characters.

Regards,
Daniel Fink

Mathias Diehl <md_at_evoconcept.de> wrote: Hi List,

even though my question is pretty sure a RTFM question I would appreciate your help.

I need to import larger .txt files (>65MB) with a special format.

each line beginn's with a kind two digit code indicating the type of line. According to this type the rest of the line has fixed sizes per field.

Could someone please help me how to import such a stuff (without urging me to read the whole SQL book).

thanx

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Mar 23 2006 - 08:56:05 CST