ORA-03120: two-task conversion routine: integer overflow

From: Radhika Ganganna <radhika.ganganna_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:38:36 +0530

: integer overflow

Hi,

I have an application written in C++ running on HP11i machine. The application uses OCI calls to retrieve data from Oracle database.

The setup is as below: Client version: Oracle 10.2.0.1.0. The server where the database resides has Oracle10gR2 running.

When I run a simple select statement through my application, I get the following error:

ORA-03120: two-task conversion routine: integer overflow

The OCI call issued is: OCIStmtExecute((OCISvcCtx *) svchp,

(OCIStmt *)
stmthp,

(OCIError *)
errhp,

                                                               (ub4)
MAXITER,
                                                                (ub4) 0,
(OCISnapshot *) 0,
                                                                (OCISnapshot
*) 0, (ub4) OCI_DEFAULT))

The same select statement when executed from sqlplus is executed without any problem.

Also through the application, I can run the select statement by connecting to databases where the database server is of lower version i.e. Oracle 10.1.2.0, Oracle 9i, 8i etc.

Any clue on this issue? Please let me know.

Regards,

Radhika