RE: data extraction from dead database

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:34:32 +1100

Generator Microsoft Word 11 (filtered) Yep, that' s correct. And it' s a Support offering not Consulting. Call the Support guys for it.

Pete

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of LiShan Cheng Sent: Thursday, 23 March 2006 9:20 AM To: David Aldridge Cc: John.Fedock_at_us.kline.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: data extraction from dead database

I am quite sure he is Dutch. His name is Bernard Van Duijnen. From Oracle Holland.

On 3/22/06, David Aldridge <david_at_david-aldridge.com> wrote: I believe that commercial users get it by contacting Miracle http://www.miracleas.dk/ who handle billing etc. Belgian, not Dutch. ----- Original Message ---- From: LiShan Cheng < exriscer_at_gmail.com> To: John.Fedock_at_us.kline.com Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 2:59:56 PM Subject: Re: data extraction from dead database Hi

Some Oracle Holland guy developed an internal tool called Data Unloader (DUL), they use it to extract data fromcorrupted datafiles/database On 3/22/06, Fedock, John (KAM.RHQ) <John.Fedock_at_us.kline.com > wrote: If I recall, Oracle has a tool that can read datafiles and assemble the data is some type of useable format, from a crashed database. We have a 8.1.7.4 database that we may need this type of tool for. Can anyone offer any information on this? And, yes the database was backed up nightly, but the tapes were not rotated and checked. Thanks all.

John Fedock K Line America, Inc. john.fedock_at_us.kline.com