Outlines not being used

From: Kevin Lidh <kevin.lidh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:58:58 -0700

I have what I hope is a simple question. We had a production issue where SQL that had been peforming well, stopped performing well. The execution plans were all of a sudden different. We went to our test system and created stored outlines which had the old (and good) execution plans. We exported those and imported them into production. The test system has been upgraded to 9.2.0.7.0 and the production system is 9.2.0.4.0. What is odd is that despite having the use_stored_outlines set to TRUE (and some outlines are being picked up), none of the new outlines are being used yet the hash_values are being called.

Does version matter or is it more likely that it's something else?