Re: OpenSource : MySQL or Postgress

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:48:55 -0400

Hi,
Personal oracle is for development, the next step after oracle express ir oracle database one, then oracle standard, then oracle enterprise. The prices for oracle database one, which has the same functionality than oracle standard edition excepto for rac check product family somewhere in oracle, but is better than my sql; and are really accessible comparing with enterprise editoin.

My point here is the following, if you still don't know completely oracle (no body knows completely about everything on oracle database, neither Tom Kyte, because is toooo big) why to start to work in other database. This should be avoided the most you can.