TNS permission denied - jdbc connection via client

From: Mathias Diehl <md_at_evoconcept.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:48:36 +0000

Hi List,

as I'm still quite new to Oracle (and actually use following step by step howto's) I'm stuck with a jdbc connection.

Using 10g on Debina (yeah - got that working and know well, that's it's not supported) treid to install a java app.

This app (Compiere) is doing some preinstallation tests. The first test is to connect as system to my db - and that suceeds.

The second test is to connect user "compiere". Even though the tests should proceed aven though the user is not yet created sqlplus stuck at this point with a "TNS: permission denied".

I run this test from an Oracle client as root.

Are these information suffient for a guess what's going wrong or let me please know what further information might be needed.

Thanx in advance

Mat