Re: How to modify a CRS resource

From: <amit.poddar_at_yale.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:27:15 -0500

Yes it is unsupported to change oracle resources using crs commands. But I have done it on my test machines quite successfully.

For example for registering listener I did the following.

cd /tmp
touch ora.nemo.LISTENER_NEMO.lsnr.cap

vi ora.nemo.LISTENER_NEMO.lsnr.cap

and paste the following in the file

NAME=ora.nemo.LISTENER_NEMO.lsnr
TYPE=application
ACTION_SCRIPT=<FULL PATH TO ORACLE_HOME>/bin/racgwrap ACTIVE_PLACEMENT=0
AUTO_START=1
CHECK_INTERVAL=600
DESCRIPTION=CRS application for Listener on node FAILOVER_DELAY=0

FAILURE_INTERVAL=0
FAILURE_THRESHOLD=0
HOSTING_MEMBERS=nemo

OPTIONAL_RESOURCES=
PLACEMENT=restricted
REQUIRED_RESOURCES=
RESTART_ATTEMPTS=5
SCRIPT_TIMEOUT=600
USR_ORA_ALERT_NAME=
USR_ORA_CHECK_TIMEOUT=0
USR_ORA_CONNECT_STR=/ as sysdba
USR_ORA_DEBUG=0
USR_ORA_DISCONNECT=false
USR_ORA_FLAGS=
USR_ORA_IF=
USR_ORA_INST_NOT_SHUTDOWN=
USR_ORA_LANG=
USR_ORA_NETMASK=
USR_ORA_OPEN_MODE=
USR_ORA_OPI=false
USR_ORA_PFILE=
USR_ORA_PRECONNECT=none
USR_ORA_SRV=
USR_ORA_START_TIMEOUT=0
USR_ORA_STOP_MODE=immediate
USR_ORA_STOP_TIMEOUT=0
USR_ORA_VIP=

(All the parameters used above are documented in 10g R2 Docs)

then run

crs_register ora.nemo.LISTENER_NEMO.lsnr -dir /tmp -f

and try to start listener again using srvctl

thanks