RE: Thoughts in /* standardized SQL remarks */

From: David Kurtz <info2_at_go-faster.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:42:36 -0000

I do this sometimes in PeopleSoft. I even have a PL/SQL script that adds the comments automatically to the meta data from which the SQL statements are generated.
I only put in a string that will tell me where the SQL comes from. Then I can go there and read any comments.

I recommend that you keep the comment short and static. Short because itis going into the SGA, don't let the comment thing get out of hand. Static because if the comment changes, Oracle will not reuse the statement in the cached in the SGA.

regards

David Kurtz
Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd.
tel: +44 (0)7771 760660