Help Huge Database Restore using exp/imp !!!! Help Please !!!

From: BN <bnsarma_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 19:12:26 -0500

Greetings,

Oracle 9.2.0.6 on HP-UX 11.11, 12 CPU
Database Size: 600 GB
Reason: Database Corruption
Action Plan: Oracle Recommended to go for exp/imp because of Data dictionary Corruption

We worked with Oracle for 2 days, , the out come is nothing can be done, exp/imp is the only way

We dont want to goback to our RMAN backups and loose data, clients are not ready for that.

Planning to start the work on Friday evening and hoping to complete by Sunday evening.

Stpes in Brief:

We are getting 800 GB EMC Storage being mounted on to the Same HP server Create new Filesystems that are required Create new Database
Split the tables and schema into multiple PAR files for export exp and imp over the pipes same time to save time

I will be using direct=y indexes=n constraints=n recoedlength=65535 Rebuild indexes in parallel after the Data is exported.

We have 12 schema, 4 to 5 schem are around 20gb in size one schema is 250 gb in size and it has a partitioned table Planning to split the partitions for the exp and imp

For constraints, packages and sps, view etc,

I am thinking of doing exp of the schema owner with rows=n indexes=n and import it.
Does this sound goog

Every bodies eye are on us.

I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

--

Regards & Thanks
BN

--