RE: Oracle Advanced Security

From: Johnson, George <GJohnson_at_GAM.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:34:30 -0000

            I have set it up fine on 9 and 10 kits.

            Couple of things to check.
            Have you tried using AES and DES schemes like AES256, AES192 and/or 3DES168, I couldn't get RC4 to work?
            If 9i is involved, make sure the ASO option is installed, I believe 10g gets it by default now.
            Try enabling SQL tracing on level 16 during your test connections, then scan the logs for "encryption" this should show any errors or problems.

            Rgds