RE: OT: high WIO on Linux

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 07:55:50 +0800

Quoting Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>:

> It passed through 512KB. That is what I've seen ... and that is
> "good"
>
> You can trust iostat -x if you don't "snack" on the data...do something
> like iostat -x 30

Have you folks had any chance of trying out the different IO schedulers in 2.6? The anticipatory one seems to be the ticket for FTS-oriented systems. RH has an article on some benchmarks they did that seems to indicate the cfq is best overall for Oracle:
http://www.redhat.com/magazine/008jun05/features/schedulers/ Thoughts?

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto