RE: java for the database

From: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:59:14 +0100

Just my two cents...

> - Learn as much about Java programming as you

> can so you can knowledgably talk to your Java
> developers, using their terms.

I completely agree. And the same applies to Java developers for the database.

> - Try to convince the Java developers that they
> should start with an ERD.

It's not important to start with an ERD. What it's important, IMHO, is to independently design the application and the database. When the two designs exist you can think about the mapping of data between the two worlds...

Cheers,
Chris

PS: I'm a developer. I like Java. I spent some time trying to understand how a database works because it's important to have a good knowledge about all components used to implement an application.