newbie question regarding JDBC and CMAN

From: Mathias Diehl <md_at_evoconcept.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:55:52 +0000

Hi List,

sorry for such a trivial question beeing the first I post...

I used to run an java app with oracle on the same host. Now I changes setup and installed 10gR2 on a dedicated host with cman on Port 1630. On my firewall I opened this port and installed the oracle client on my App-server.

From there I tested the connection with tnsping and sqlplus and connected without any problems.

I tested "tnsping red.domain.tld" as well as "tnsping red" and did the same with "sqlpllus user/pwd_at_red.domain.tld" as well as with "sqlpllus user/pwd_at_red" sucessfully.

But if using my java app (jdbc:oracle:thin:system/pwd_at_DB-HOST:1630:red)I get:

ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

Any idea where to start finding the problem? As it's my first time with cman - do I need to connect jdbc to the local client on port 1521?

thanx