Re: Two questions about resource profiles

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:30:25 +0200

I'm not DBA at least not as usually is understood by DBA. I'm almost always worked in the development side between big ocean of customers and developers ;) But we have reached mutual agreement with our customer that for rather dynamic and many joins including search we will use these restrictions and our app will show users a "user friendly" message something like "resource usage exceeded give something else". Of course we will log these cases and either we or customer will be able to analyze such queries later. Fortunately our customer is advanced enough to understand that resources are finite and all combinations of ~15 search parameters cannot be tested in a resonable time ;)