RE: monitoring and maintenance tool

From: Michael Fontana <MFontana_at_verio.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:35:55 -0500

Why the interest in using products besides Oracle's OEM?

Are you not happy with OEM?

It's supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Interested to hear anyone's comments about OEM vs. other products.

I'vef always preferred Quest's tools myself.

Michael Fontana
NTT/Verio
Senior Database Administrator
mfontana_at_verio.net
214.853.7405(Office)
214.912.3705(Wireless)

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] Sent: Tue 3/14/2006 12:55 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: monitoring and maintenance tool

Hello all,

   We run oracle ERP here and they've asked if we need any tools to help us do our job. We have a third party monitoring contract but is there anything we can buy that monitors both the database AND the application? Other than 10g OEM? Hey, I'll spend their money......

ciao,
Brian

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Mar 14 2006 - 12:35:55 CST