RE: FBI Not Used - Oracle Spatial

From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 06:27:23 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Mark,

No - there are no session parameters set. Although there is a histogram on the FBI's hidden column we get the same discrepency if we set the same bind values as the JDBC batch job (or indeed, ANY, values).

One thing I spotted was in the child cursor created by the JDBC batch job, the column TOP_LEVEL_RPI_CURSOR was set to 'Y' (V$SQL_SHARED_CURSOR); this was the only difference between the FTS-using cursor #1 (JDBC job) and index-using cursor #0 created in SQL*Plus.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find out much about what "TOP_LEVEL_RPI_CURSOR" meant or even if this was relevant.

I have now side-stepped the problem by using a stored outline although I'd still be interesting to know what's going on.

Thanks
Charlotte