TCP Socket (KGAS)

From: Ray Feighery <ray_at_seertechsolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:40:12 +1100

Oracle 10.2

Red Hat AS 4

I am seeing a large amounts of time spent waiting for the event: TCP Socket (KGAS). This is an application that uses DBMS_JOB to send out large amounts of emails, so it may be that it is waiting on the email server to respond.

I'm just wondering if anyone has seen this one before, has any advice about it or knows what the KGAS refers to.

Thanks

Ray