Oracle 10g Grid Control on Solaris

From: Michael Fontana <MFontana_at_verio.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:50:21 -0500

I am trying to run Oracle Grid Control 10g release 2 on Solaris 2.9

I have overcome some installation issues and now receive "installation successful" messages, however:

The browser returns "page not found" when trying to bring up the first page, as recommended by the installation panel.

I've opened a TAR with oracle. They've been of little help. They just say my install must have failed or my network is not up to par.

Does anyone know of a good troubleshooting guide or list of steps to perform if Grid Control will not successfully be rendered?

I have already established that all the required services are running with the control program opmnctl startall.

Unlike their database support, oracle's service for their web and java based tools is really terrible.

Any advice?