RAC 10.1.0.3 VIP and instance availability, what is expected behaveoir

From: steen bartholdy <steenbdkoraclel_at_yahoo.dk>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:31:08 +0100 (CET)

hi
  2 nodes RAC on AIX instance and CRS version 10.1.0.3   We have a setup where we are independent of the VIP adresses for production use.   We had an incedent where 1switch failed where both VIP adresses is connected, not smart but true.   I observed this from syslog :
  CRS tries 3 times to move each VIP adress to the other side.
>> ifconfig delete and alias commands <<
  This happendend on both sides.
  When this didnt work ( hardware malfunction on switch ) shutdown started on plab2

Mon Mar 13 13:26:36 2006
Shutting down instance: further logons disabled   ...
  Mon Mar 13 13:26:39 2006
Shutting down instance (transactional local)   ...
Mon Mar 13 13:26:55 2006
Reconfiguration started (old inc 2, new inc 3) List of nodes:
 1
 Global Resource Directory frozen