RE: Solid state disks for Oracle?

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 14:16:02 -0800

From: Joseph Amalraj [mailto:joseph_at_amalrajinc.com] Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:14 PM
To: kevinc_at_polyserve.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Solid state disks for Oracle?

        Mike Ault has done a comparision which is available at http://www.superssd.com/Ault.zip

Does it really take 104 slides to point out that a solid state disk is faster than 7 SATA drives? What am I missing here?

I tried to turn this thread into one of a bit more sophistication by bringing up the fact that these things are very expensive and you can't just sit one over in the corner and get your money's worth because they are simple SAN arrays that serve up LUNS.