Re: Job taking longer with more RAC nodes

From: john d parker <orclwzrd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 13:34:44 -0800 (PST)

Do you have any degree of parallelism? or is parallel degree set to default?

In general, A well behaved app will perform approx the same on RAC maybe even marginally slower. A poorly behaved app will absolutely stink when moved to RAC. RAC is not a performance enhancing solution.

John

> Folks,
> I need some help in understanding why a job is taking longer when it
> is
> run in multiple nodes under RAC versus a single node in RAC and with
> RAC
> disabled.

Do You Yahoo!?