RE: Job taking longer with more RAC nodes

From: Bryan Thomas <bthomas_at_perftuning.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 13:19:34 -0600

I have seen the same thing.

If you do not put a decent load on a standalone server, adding additional servers in a cluster will cause things to run slower.

One customer POC I was on ran a single app server against a single DB server, 2-node, and 3-node RAC. The performance got progressively worse with the addition of each node.

It turned out that the app server was the bottleneck and the standalone database server had only 15% utilization.

Bryan