Re: RMAN impact

From: Li Li <litanli_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 11:34:54 -0600

Tom,

We are currently using traditional OS level backup. Our current systems are not 24/7 so we can afford to have a 2-hour window to just do backups. We are in the process of implementing a new 24/7 system. Apparently the traditional way of backup is not suitable for this new system. There are 2 choices for me: RMAN or backup agent. I am thinking to use RMAN if it doesn't impact the database too much and users are able to access the database as usual during the backup time period.

Any comment?

Thanks,
-Li