Re: Solid state disks for Oracle?

From: Joseph Amalraj <joseph_at_amalrajinc.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 07:22:35 -0800 (PST)

That is a great paper, Mike ault also has done some research in this field.

  SSD is good for redo, temp and undo.

  I do not know how optimizer will handle other tablespaces. As currently the optimizer uses the single block read time and multiblock read time. And this will change if some tablespaces are on hard disks and others in SSDs.

  Joseph Amalraj

jo_holvoet_at_amis.com wrote:
  The Oaktable has a paper on the subject by James Morle :

http://www.oaktable.net/fullArticle.jsp;jsessionid=BF34334E604205A4F045F00ED217AE02?id=5

mvg/regards

Jo

"Luca Canali"
.ch> To
Sent by: "Oracle-L Freelists"
oracle-l-bounce_at_f
reelists.org cc

Subject
09-03-06 10:16 Solid state disks for Oracle?

Please respond to
Luca.Canali_at_cern.
ch

Hi,

Are 'solid state disks' a viable technology to build Oracle DBs, or are they still 'a niche'? I'd appreciate if anybody could share their experience or point me to recent literature (case studies) on the subject.

Thanks,
Luca

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Mar 09 2006 - 09:22:35 CST