Re: Running "Stress" or "Load" tests

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 17:23:33 +0200

You (or test runners) should ask yourself a question - what was the goal for running this particulas stress test. If the goal is to test whether the app after migration hasn't become slower then I assume as equal as possible load should be applied. If the goal is to test whether the app after migration can support more load then your case probably is more or less valid. If the means is to test reports with unusual parameters that isn't and wouldn't be used in practise then I cannot find here any reasonable goal apart from that you could probably forbid such a possibility.

And for running many reports in parallel you can read Batch Queue Management and the Magic of '2'
(http://www.hotsos.com/e-library/abstract.php?id=13) if you haven't done it already.

Gints Plivna