Re: oracle with red hat linux

From: johan Eriksson <johan.eriksson_at_bossmedia.se>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 08:31:17 +0100

Hi

We run on Red Hat, no problems with performance (and I don't think performance will be that different between the distributions).

The main advantage with running Red Hat is that oracle gives you support on the OS as well as the database and I think it is the only OS they give support on. So if you have problems with Red Hat Linux oracle will give you support and you don't have to contact Red Hat.

Slackware isn't supported for running oracle.

/johan