disk_async_io vs. multiple db_writer_processes

From: TP <pele_00_2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 20:59:58 -0800 (PST)

Hello all:
I would like to ask for your expert opinions on the topic of using disk_async_io, and the use of multiple db_writer_processes. We're running Oracle E-business suites 11.5.10(9i-9205-32bit) on Sun E6900, 12 CPUs, 48GB RAM, Solaris 9/64bit.

By default, disk_async_io, filesystemio_options; db_writer_processes are default to TRUE, ASYNC, and 3. The database files(redologs, datafiles, controlfiles) are allocated on Sun 3510 storage arrays(Hardware RAID10). The UFS filesystems are mounted with forcedirectio option.

I would like to get your suggestions or
recommendations on which option is best for my environment.
Thank you in advance.
Tom

"  ,--o
  -\\_<_   Do you ride? "