RE: password complexity -- implementing security changes

From: Baumgartel, Paul <paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 15:50:42 -0500

Well, whaddya know. I wonder why the docs say one thing and the software does another...that NEVER happens! ;-)

Paul Baumgartel
paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com
212.538.1143

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Baumgartel, Paul Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 1:38 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: password complexity -- implementing security changes

An Oracle password has the following rules: A password must begin with an alphabetic character. Passwords can contain only alphanumeric characters and the underscore (_), dollar sign ($), and pound sign (#).

So your @s, your /s, and your ^s are problematic from the get-go.