Re: password complexity -- implementing security changes

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 11:30:42 -0800

On 3/3/06, Potluri, Venu (GTI) <venu_potluri_at_ml.com> wrote:

> You can use the verify_function and create password complexity. In our
> environments, we require users to reset passwords every 90 days. The
> password needs to have a capital letter, a number, etc. I have created a
> utility which will change password and send email to the person that
> owns the account automatically. It is simple enough for helpdesk to use

One thing the verify_function cannot do is enforce upper or lower case. Try it, case doesn't matter.

While on the subject, be careful with those special characters.

Some applications do not like them.

Net Backup for instance will not work if there is a @ or ^ in the password for the account used to do backups.

Jared Still