Re: password complexity -- implementing security changes

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 09:46:19 -0500

Our corporate security requirements state that passwords must be changed every 60 days for user accounts. So, we wrote a stored procedure that changes user password given a userid. Then wrote a small perl script that can be called by guys in Data Center.

when a user calls, they verify it is the right user, call a perl program that changes the password to a temp one and give it to the user on the phone, never in the email.

Also our application tracks this and starts reminding suer 7 days before the password expiration.

Works fine, the data center doesn't get too many phone calls, everyone is happy.

Raj

Got RAC?
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Mar 03 2006 - 08:46:19 CST