Oracle component question

From: Johnson, George <GJohnson_at_GAM.COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:06:00 -0000

        A colleague of mine asked a question yesterday, to which I have been unable to find an answer anywhere and wondered if anyone here would know the answer.

        My colleague's question was actually why is the CORE a higher version than the overall DB components, but that's most likely from the 9.2.0.5 upgrade that was done a few months back. I am more interested to know what the CORE component found in v$version, actually is?

SQL> select * from v$version;
BANNER

Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.5.0 - Production PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.5.0 - Production
CORE 9.2.0.6.0 Production
TNS for Solaris: Version 9.2.0.5.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 9.2.0.5.0 - Production

        Thanks in advance

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Mar 03 2006 - 02:06:00 CST