Re: password complexity -- implementing security changes

From: Ethan Post <post.ethan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 17:13:58 -0600

Perhaps we should look at this like logical IO's. Password resets seem like a minor thing, but consider all the 10's of thousands of helpdesks all resetting 10's of thousands of passwords, all that adds up to a big loss of productivity. Perhaps we don't need the GDP to grow, we just need to ensure password attempts is at least 50 (sorry for my US analogical *warning possible made up word* bias). We Oracle DBA's make up something like 40% of the market, just think about it, Oracle-L could change the entire world economy overnight..or not.