RE: password complexity -- implementing security changes

From: Coleman, Kelley (HAC) <Kelley.Coleman_at_va.gov>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 15:44:38 -0700

I'm with you, Ethan. Unfortunately, TPTB have mandated we go to 3 attempts. The number password reset calls I take has gone up exponentially. And I'm really not being dramatic. I've gone from 3-5 per week to 7-8 per day. It's very frustrating. Most of my users are not super users. They have password requirements that are very complex. And like you, they have 10 different ones to remember and each system's requirements are slightly different so it's rare that they can use the same password on several systems.