Why does a job loose its context?

From: Peter Alteheld <palteheld_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:25:07 +0100 (CET)

Dear list,

  we have some PL/SQL procesdures that submit jobs to our 8i database. And we have a logon trigger that sets an application context like this:

  dbms_session.set_context('BENUTZER', 'BENUTZ_ID', v_benutz_id);

  While running the job, this context information can be retrieved with SYS_CONTEXT(). That worked well for years. But lately we sometimes observe that SYS_CONTEXT() retrieves no data.

  We found out, that with prestarting a scheduled job with TOAD's execute button the context information gets lost too. But we don't do that on production where we see that sometimes at night.

  Does Oracle on its own do something like a rescheduling that is cleaning up the context of a job?

  Greetings, Peter

Telefonieren Sie ohne weitere Kosten mit Ihren Freunden von PC zu PC! Jetzt Yahoo! Messenger installieren!
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Mar 02 2006 - 07:25:07 CST