RE: hanging shutdowns (addressing the requirement for a UNIX reboot)

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:50:43 -0800

Boris,

I don't know about the other issues, but if 'shutdown immediate' was Control-ced and it never came back to the prompt (i.e. hung), then you will have to kill the sqlplus session itself. In that case, you will not be able to relogin... It seems in your case, you reused the same session and did not have to relogin.

John