RE: Grid Control replacing OEM

From: Baumgartel, Paul <paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 18:27:00 -0000

As far as I can recall it's pretty much the same as the 9i OEM (don't know if there's an interface to DBMS_JOB or DBMS_SCHEDULER). DB control has a job scheduler of its own.

Paul Baumgartel
paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com
212.538.1143

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Coleman, Kelley (HAC) Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 1:07 PM
To: Jill.Drocea_at_VerizonWireless.com; 'Oracle-L (E-mail) Subject: RE: Grid Control replacing OEM

I struggled with this myself. I hated GRID in the beginning as a replacement for OEM. It turns out there is an OEM for 10g DBs. I think it's on the client install. I haven't seen it, but I understand it's there.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jill.Drocea_at_VerizonWireless.com Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:54 AM To: 'Oracle-L (E-mail)
Subject: Grid Control replacing OEM

Has anyone been able to view a 10g DB w OEM? I'm having difficultly transitioning to Grid Control or dbcontrol. At this point I'm finding it awkward and time-consuming using it as a replacement for OEM. How is everyone else transistioning? I'm considering using Quest Tools instead.

Jill Drocea

Oracle DBA

Verizon Wireless

845-365-7465

Jill.Drocea_at_verizonwireless.com

The information contained in this message and any attachment may be proprietary, confidential, and privileged or subject to the work product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you.