RE: 10g grid

From: William B Ferguson <wbfergus_at_usgs.gov>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 10:19:37 -0700

That's true. We have what I'd guess you'd call a mini-grid in our organization. We are getting the agent installed on all of the database machines for centralized 'checking' of patches, etc. for data calls. Other groups are using other various parts of the 'grid' concept software, like streams and dataguard. So, while we have any RAC's setup, we using parts of the various pieces of the 'grid' concept/software to tie the various pieces across the country together, though not in any concerted, global manor.

Bill Ferguson
U.S. Geological Survey - Minerals Information Team PO Box 25046, MS-750
Denver, Colorado 80225
Voice (303)236-8747 ext. 321 Fax (303)236-4208