Re: 10g grid

From: Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 14:41:59 +0000

>> grid specific commands

It is easy one. Please connect to your database and try to run the following command (do not upset if some of them will not work for you, they are platform dependent):
GRID ME;
GRID ME QUICKLY;
GRID ME PLEEEEEEEEEEASE; Please note what no documentation on those commands available. It is because it is the TOP Oracle secret.

PS Bit more seriously: Unfortunately for you Grid is not a product ;(. If you hope to write a practical work on Grid technology you wouldn't be able to do that. Grid is a concept, it is way of living for next generation DBA-s if you wish.
You wouldn't be able to write the practical paper on Grid. I rather recommend you to switch you attention to some of "Mega Grid" Oracle products. If you wish to deliver practical work you can concentrate your efforts of one of the following products: Oracle Grid Control (aka Enterprise Manager) 10G R2 Oracle Application Server 10G R2
Oracle Database with Oracle Real Application Cluster feature, for research I would recommend to choose 10.2.0.1 (10G R2) version of the product.

Just my .02

Jurijs

--
Jurijs