Re: oracle 9i/8i win 98

From: Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 14:53:48 +0000

Please do the following:

- Switch of the monitor of you computer.
- Close you eyes
- Say loudly three times: "I wona Database!"
- If installation package doesn't arrear on the nearest shelf to you then:

It means that Oracle doesn't support Databases on Win 98 any more. If I recall correctly the last version Oracle had on that platform is 8.0.5 Personal Edition or something like that.

In your case much easier to find Win2000/Nt PC and install Database there.

Jurijs

On 3/1/06, Onkar N Tiwary <onkarnath.tiwary_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> We need oracle 9i/8i on win 98 to test some of the application but we dont
> have database. management wants to test the application first then go for
> tht version. I tried on otn.oracle.com and metalink also but no luck.
> Anybody has got the idea where i can download oracle 9i/8i from?????
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> T. Onkar Nath