Installation of Oracle Label Security

From: Thomas Jeff <jeff.thomas_at_thomson.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:32:57 -0500

I realize this is a basic question, but I'd appreciate a bit of a sanity check.

I need to install Oracle Label Security on our test box, and am wondering
if I need to shutdown all databases in the same ORACLE_HOME before I perform the install.

Trying to get an outage of all test databases in our environment is a political headache, so I was hoping that this install would not require such an
outage. I've been googling/metalinking, can't find anything suggesting one
way or the other.

My thinking is that installing OLS is nothing more than sticking in some cat*/PLB
files into $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin, but I might be wrong.

Anyone?

Thanks.

Jeffery D Thomas
DBA
Enterprise Database and Middleware Services Thomson, Inc.

Email: jeff.thomas_at_thomson.net

EDMS Portal:
http://indysaixdb01.indy.tce.com:7778/portal/page?_pageid=53,44513,53_44 669&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

--