user authentication without OID

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:38:02 -0500

Win2K domain

WinXP clients

AIX5.2, Oracle 9i server

Good morning all,

We are looking for a solution which will allow us to let users authenticate their database connections using their Windows logon credentials and Active Directory. We do not use OAS therefore do not have OID. Apparently this is the only easy way to do this according to Oracle Support and searches thru Metalink. I was hoping that someone has an easy (read cheap) solution that we can adapt to our needs. Using Active Directory is not a must, but we do own it.

The problem is that users have to change their login passwords in too many places, We have to be IRS security compliant so we cannot see the passwords when they forget them, and once in awhile they do forget.;-))

Thanks in advance,
Ruth