Re: hanging shutdowns

From: Robyn <robyn.sands_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:37:01 -0500

Mark,

Again, I agree with you. However I have heard the reasoning behind legals requirement and it's not as off the wall as it sounds. Certain tapes are sent off site and retained in the event of legal challenges, particularly in the area of intellectual property challenges. They want to be able to restore the system from one backup set, no changes, no rolling the databases forward. I believe the goal is to minimize technology-related arguments in a court case.

And I believe that certain recent events are going to have us reevaluating these requirements in the near future, which is why I'm choosing not to take this on right now.

Besides, I've already beaten my head against this wall a few too many times.

thank you ... Robyn

Robyn Anderson Sands
email: Robyn.Sands_at_SciAtl.com