v$access + latch free(library cache) BUG???

From: The Human Fly <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:37:19 +0300

Hello list,

We have faced a very very strange problem when accessing or desc v$access table.

Database : Oracle 9i Rel.2 (9205)
OS : AIX 5.3 JFS2 Filesystem.
CPU = 30+
No. Connections = 1000+

We are facing problem with latch free (cache buffer chains), when the problem occurs, cpu becomes 0% ideal and we kill some process from which transaction are coming.

I just desc v$access from the sql prompt, and strangly, all the session are started waiting on 'latch free' and this time its was library cache and when I kill the session which was desc v$access, then, everything comes normal.

It was not just an accident, I can still reproduce the same error. Whatever action I do on v$access, this is causing. If this was a bug, we have same OS server, same oracle version for another database, where this doesn't happens. The only differene between these two databases are just no. of cpus.

It is really drawing me crazy. Does anyone has experience the same?

--

Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Feb 27 2006 - 10:37:19 CST