Re: Number of threads is twice the number of sessions with 10.2 on Windows platform

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:16:53 +0000

Are your results consistent?

I also appeared to get the same behaviour using XE (which is 10.2 based), but not 10.1 or 9.2. However when I reran I discovered that Oracle appeared to be more proactive in managing threads on 10.2 than it was in earlier versions and that I didn't apparently always get two threads per foreground session. I didn't have sqlnet.expire_time enabled. So right now I'm just confused as usual.

Niall

On 2/24/06, Giovanni Cuccu <giovanni.cuccu_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Paolo,
> I can confirm the issue on 10.2, I also checked the RAM allocated
> for a single sqplus and it's 3MB, my next question is if the
> additional thread is given the 1mb stack.
> Giovanni

> Another free oracle resource profiler
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/oraresprof/
> Now version 0.9