Re: V$SQLAREA loads and executions question

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:57:18 -0700

> Folks,
> When I look at the V$SQLAREA, I see some cursors that were loaded many
> times but executed zero times. Could someone please explain why this
> happens.

Look at V$SQL , the sqlarea aggregates information.

When you invalidate a cursor, but it's handle remains in library cache, then next time you parse & execute the cursor, loads will be incremented but executions start from zero.

If you flush shared pool or generate shared pool activity that the handle would be aged out as well, you see loads starting from 1 as well.

Tanel.