Re: _KGL_LARGE_HEAP_WARNING_THRESHOLD

From: Michael Ray <topshot.rhit_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:03:16 -0500

According to the ML note, the meaning is that the process is just spending a lot of time in finding free memory extents during an allocate as the memory may be heavily fragmented.

So what does this mean when I see hundreds of these messages (of up to 12MB) on a brand new install of a db that is doing nothing (no outside sessions)? Server is a new Dell running Win2003 with 4GB, sga_target=1256194048, pga_aggregate_target=418381824

Shalom,
Michael