Re: First 17 updated records disappeared from REDOLOG files …

From: amit poddar <amit.poddar_at_yale.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:08:57 -0500

Tanel,

but even in memory undo has to be flushed the undo blocks some time. When oracle flushes IMU to the undo blocks then it would need all those latches and pins. So where is the advantage with IMU?

Same with redo strands. The redo generated in those private redo strands has to be flushed after a commit. So does that mean LGWR needs to get all the latches protecting this redo strands when writing ?

thaks
amit